And since I'm a little bit proud of how the embroider came out, I decided to upload a deviation with only details.
Bear with me only this time XD
So....it took the scary amount of 157 hours to complete this embroider and I'm awfully happy with the result
I had to balance this work with my real work and it was rather complicated XD
- for the central heart-shaped embroider I used golden-brown and sparkly gold embroider thread on fabric;
- for the beadwork, 5 different types of glass beads in 5 different shades of brown and bronze and 2 different shapes (4 round and 1 long);
- for the light points, rainbow & clear swarovsky crystals and clear crystals;
- brown paillette thread for the bodice border and paillettes+golden borser thread for the sleeves;
- organza ribbon for the "filling" of some beadwork.
The first step was making a paper pattern of the dress, made after studying screecaps until I got crazy XD
I then copied it on the bias strip of fabric, and started embroidering it...which as I said took an awful lot of time. All the beads are hand stitched, as well as the embroider on the front. The only parts that are glued on are the crystals, as I only found the right types that didn't have the holes to be sewn (=__=;; )
The central embroider took exactly 16 hours to make, especially because it was my first time using that techinique and it took way too long to master the stitching flow XD
I had to use a very thin needle to make all this work because the beads had to be very close together...I might have lost some sight in the process
All the borders are hand made too, because the design was too complicated and small to be done with my sewing machine(^^)
I think that guessing the design was the worst part of all the process, and still I'm rather sure that I didn't get all the details BUT I'm happy with this XD
I might have all my poor fingers destroyed after this...XXD
All beadwork by me XD
Special thanx to my cowrokers who didn't think I was mad when I was embroidering while eating at lunch break X°°°°DD This work is not stock and is protected by creative commons - ask permission before using (chances are high that I'll say yes xD)!!